HEALTHY Treats for Your Dog
October 1st, 2020 by Marlene Ring
I don’t know about you, but the more I read ingredients in my dog treats the more I worry.
As we try to make better choices for ourselves, we should also be thinking of better choices for our pups.
Here are two recipes of Dakota and Bliss approved treats! They are easy to make and disappear fast in this dog training household. We hope your dogs enjoy them as much as ours do!
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or foil.
2. Lightly cook chicken and celery in vegetable oil (3 to 4 mins.)
3. In a blender, mix chicken, celery and chicken broth until pureed.
4. Mix flour, rice, dried basil and chicken puree in a bowl.
5. Roll out dough on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter or knife, cut into fun shapes like bones, fire hydrants, balls, etc.
6. Place cookies on lined baking sheets and bake for 30 min. Turn off oven and let cookies dry for 3 hrs or overnight.
Oatmeal Dog Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 325F. line baking sheets with parchment or foil.
2. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients until it forms a paste.
3. Roll out dough on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter or a knife cut into fun shapes like paw prints, food bowls, etc.
4. Combine dough scraps and continue to roll and cut until gone.
5. Place cookies on lined baking sheets and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Our Dogs are dependent on us when it comes to what they do and do not eat. Protecting them from harmful chemicals and feeding them nutritious treats and food is a must if you want our pups to have a long healthy life. Making Healthy Treats for them is just one way to help lengthen the time you get to spend loving them by helping them live as long as possible.